All articles by surya akella

surya akella

IsoEnergy closes merger with Consolidated Uranium

Pursuant to the deal, Consolidated Uranium shareholders secured 0.5 shares of IsoEnergy for each share held.

Norway’s lawmakers green-light seabed mining plans

Seabed mining is being supported on the grounds of securing a source for critical minerals and for creating jobs.

Rio Tinto approves $77m PFS for WA iron ore project

The pre-feasibility study (PFS), due to complete by 2025, was preceded by an ‘order of magnitude’ study that pegged initial project capacity at 40 million tonnes per annum (mtpa).

Iamgold to buy Vanstar Mining Resources for $31m

As per the agreed terms, Vanstar shareholders will get 0.2008 of an Iamgold share for each share held.

Ivanhoe Electric to fully acquire Kaizen Discovery

As per the agreed terms, Kaizen shareholders will get one Ivanhoe Electric (IE) share for every 127 shares held.

Arafura obtains $150m indicative financing for Nolans REE project

The letter of intent with KEXIM follows last year’s offtake arrangement between Arafura, Hyundai and Kia.

Evolution to buy 80% stake in Northparkes copper-gold mine

Evolution plans to raise A$525m along with a debt facility of A$200m to fund the transaction.

Premium Nickel unveils $14.7m debt and equity funding package

The package includes around C$14.1m through a private placement offering of 11.7 million shares, at C$1.2 apiece.

Rio Tinto and Giampaolo close Matalco JV for aluminium recycling

Rio Tinto acquired a 50% interest in the Matalco business from Giampaolo Group, by paying $700m.

Glencore closes stake acquisition in Norsk Hydro’s Brazil assets

Glencore now has a 45% holding in MRN, with the remaining 55% stake owned between South 32, Rio Tinto and CBA.