ABEM Instrument Geophysical Instruments
ABEM Instrument has led developments in geophysical solutions since 1923. ABEM’s technologies are used for geophysical surveys to evaluate soil conditions and locate hidden objects using methods including resistivity, electromagnetics, seismology, vibration monitoring and radar in industries such as mineral exploration, infrastructure, education and research, and archeology.
ABEM has pre-configured systems for each supported geophysical methodology, optimized for specific applications but can also be customized to suite customers’ requirements. Visit us at www.abem.se.
ABEM is a part of the Guideline Geo Group, global leader in geophysics and geo technology. Together with our brand MALÅ Geoscience we deliver total solutions in the technological fields of ground radar, geo-electrical and electromagnetic measurement systems, and near-surface seismology.
ABEM solutions for Resistivity/IP
ABEM Resistivity/IP solutions come prefigured for common applications ranging from groundwater and mineral exploration to infrastructure site investigations, and are customizable – using high-end multichannel 3D time-lapse monitoring or cost effective VES measurements – to fit most other applications.
ABEM Terrameter LS
ABEM has developed a Resistivity/IP solution, ABEM TerrameterLS,which addresses the challenges of data acquisition in the field and empowers the user with highly efficient interpretation tools – guaranteeing increased productivity and quality. The out-of-the-box configuration provides a solution for most projects and can be easily customized to meet specific project requirements.
ABEM Terrameter LS:
- Utilizes an 8.4" daylight visible LCD screen which allows for easy operation of the system. The operator is instructed of spread movements and is constantly updated with received data.
- measuresboth Resistivity and Induced Polarization (IP) simultaneously. This means that apparent resistivity and chargeability can be obtained from the same survey. With this data it is also possible to calculate normalized chargeability as well, making the Terrameter LS a highly competent and flexible solution for near surface investigations. All measured data is stored into a database which allows for export to e.g. I1XD for interpretation and analysis.
- Incorporates a constant current transmitter and galvanically isolated input channels, which samples data with high resolution. The design enables IP surveys to be conducted with common steel electrodes instead of non‐polarizable electrodes which saves time and reduces cost.
- Optionally stores records ‘Full Waveform data’, ensuring that the received measured signal is stored totally uncompromised. This means that it can be thoroughly analysed and supply the user with vital information.
ABEM solutions for Seismic
The current ABEM line of seismographs is the most advanced combination of hardware and software in its class, achieving superior data quality over the widest range of applications possible.
ABEM Terraloc Pro
The development of ABEM Terraloc Pro has been driven by user demands for over 30 years and has taken it through three major product generations (Mk3, Mk6 and Mk8) to reach the point where it is today.
ABEM Terraloc Pro:
- Is designed for the broadest possible range of seismic applications, optimized for near surface geophysics, the most demanding application for seismic instruments.
- Offers built-in diagnostics and remote management as well as vendor assisted support over the net.
- Consents add-on of new functionality and seamless expansion in the future.
ABEM solutions for TEM
Transient electromagnetic (TEM) method is extremely effective in determining electrical conductivity of the subsurface at depths from a few meters down to several hundred meters. ABEM has pioneered the advancement of the TEM technology resulting in solutions capable of accurately resolving subtle changes in geology in fine detail with excellent penetration of depth.
ABEM WalkTEMsystem shares its transient electromagnetic technological framework with the industry-validated airborne SkyTEM system, originally developed by Aarhus University in Denmark.
ABEM WalkTEM is designed to meet demanding requirements for groundwater investigations and characterization of sedimentary geologies, and flexible enough for any survey where TEM would apply.
- Comprises a high current transmitter and a dual channel high dynamic and wide band width receiver.
- Operates using dual-moment transmission where it automatically alternates between maximum and reduced current pulses, thus utilizing the benefits from both high energy fields as well as fast current pulse turn-off. The advantage is high resolution response from shallow to maximum depth.
- Unique acquisition technology combines analog integration and high speed digital quantization resulting in a superior dynamic range. This allows the WalkTEM to accurately resolve a wider span of amplitudes; from higher level signals from shallow structures down to very low (near noise) levels from deeper layers.
ABEM Instruments have a global reach via the ABEM network of distributor and sales offices.
Use the enquiry form to request information about products, solutions/systems and training from ABEM near you.
Products and Services
ABEM Instrument has received an order from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development in Uganda.Read more
Mr Corriols has a PhD in geophysics from the University of Lund, Sweden, and is now working for Instituto de Geologia y Geofisica CIGEO-UNAN, Managua, Nicaragua.Read more
ABEM Terraloc Pro is a very flexible solution supporting seismic survey methods, such as refraction, reflection, borehole tomography, VSP and MASW. With stretched specifications and added new features, the list of manageable tasks is as long as its heritage.Read more
This instrument still works every day. Siting water boreholes in rural areas for SA Government infrastructure and development programmes and is doing extremely well and the results thereof are helping many poor people with water. I have sited over 2,000 boreholes with your instrument over the past 14 years.Read more
The Polish Geological Institute, PGI, has selected solutions from Guideline Geo Group within three geophysical methods; ABEM Terrameter LS for resistivity, ABEM Terraloc Pro for seismic and MALÅ ProEX for ground penetrating radar.Read more
ABEM has received orders from authorities in Iraq with a total value of SEK2.9m. The orders include measurement systems for resistivity, ABEM Terrameter LS, seismic ABEM Terraloc Pro and equipment for borehole measurement. User training is also included with both theory and practical field training.Read more
Several customers in Latin America are investing in ABEM Terrameter LS, resistivity systems, mainly for mapping of groundwater resources. So far this year, Guideline Geo Group, which ABEM Instrument is a part of, has done business in Latin America with a total value of SEK4m.Read more
To investigate a groundwater resource the University of Zambia used a WalkTEM system.Read more
ABEM Instrument AB has secured a SEK4m ($650,000) order for geophysical survey equipment from an authority in India.Read more
A new software update is available for the ABEM Terrameter LS. The main improvement is the implementation of support for the ABEM SASLOG borehole-logging tool, which now makes the ABEM SASLOG compatible with the ABEM Terrameter SAS 1000/4000 and the ABEM Terrameter LS.Read more
WalkTEM™ is a transient electromagnetic (TEM or time domain electromagnetic TDEM) system designed for surveys in the geologic near-surface. Applications include groundwater and salinity studies, civil engineering, mineral exploration, geotechnical and environmental investigations.Read more
The new release 1.6 ABEM Terrameter LS includes many new features.Read more
Hansen Transmissions Industrial has extended its product portfolio of industrial gearboxes with the Hansen M-Series, a complementary range that caters for optimised application requirements that are integrated into the design phase and result in a reliable and functional gear drive solution.Read more
Hansen Transmissions International, an established global gearbox designer, manufacturer and supplier with a leading position in the wind turbine gearbox market, has announced that it has delivered the first gearbox from its new facility at the Beichen Hi-tech Industrial Park in Tianjin. <Read more