Stillwater Canada, a subsidiary of Stillwater Mining Company, has submitted an environmental impact statement (EIS) for its Marathon Platinum Group Metals (PGM)-Copperproject in Ontario, Canada, to the Joint Federal and Provincial Review Panel.

The Marathon deposit is located 10km north of the town of Marathon near the north shore of Lake Superior.

Stillwater Mining Company chairman and CEO Frank McAllister said submission of the EIS for the Marathon Project is an important early milestone in the development of the PGM-copper resource.

“The Joint Federal-Provincial Review Panel will now coordinate consultations among the various communities and governmental interests affected by the Marathon Project in a process designed to balance the concerns of all the parties involved,” said McAllister.

The Marathon mine is expected to produce average annual production potential of 200,000 ounces of palladium and platinum and 37 million pounds of copper.

Stillwater Mining Company holds a 75% stake in the Marathon Project and the remaining 25% is owned by Mitsubishi Corp.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData