View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. Uncategorised
September 18, 2011updated 10 Nov 2021 4:12am

Quadra and Sumitomo form JV to develop Chilean project

Quadra FNX Mining, Sumitomo Metal Mining and Sumitomo Corporation have formed a joint venture (JV) to develop the Sierra Gorda copper-molybdenum project in Chile. Sumitomo will hold a 45% interest in the JV and Quadra FNX will hold the remaining 55% interest. Quadra FNX will condu

By cms admin

Quadra FNX Mining, Sumitomo Metal Mining and Sumitomo Corporation have formed a joint venture (JV) to develop the Sierra Gorda copper-molybdenum project in Chile.

Sumitomo will hold a 45% interest in the JV and Quadra FNX will hold the remaining 55% interest.

Quadra FNX will conduct mining activities through its subsidiary Sierra Gorda SCM (SGJV).

Sumitomo has contributed $360m to SGJV as part of its initial $724m funding and Quadra FNX was reimbursed $167m for amounts advanced by it to SGJV from May 2011 to closing.

Currently Quadra FNX has a cash balance of about $1.1bn, excluding its 55% share of cash in SGJV.

Related Companies

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The mining industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month. The mining industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Mining Technology