India-based Tata Steel has formed a joint venture with Canada’s New Millennium Capital Corporation to carry out iron ore mining operations in Canada.

The joint venture company, Tata Steel Minerals Canada, is expected to produce four million tonnes of iron ore products a year from 2012, which would be shipped to Tata Steel’s European arm.

Tata Steel subsidiary Tata Steel Global Minerals Holdings will have an 80% stake in the joint venture company, with the remaining 20% held by New Millennium.

The new company will also acquire all of the direct shipping ore (DSO) project’s mining claims and assets among others.

Earlier, Tata Steel had entered into an agreement with New Millennium, with an option to acquire 80% equity interest in the DSO project located in the provinces of Newfoundland, Labrador and Quebec.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.