Surfactant agents reduce surface tension of water, improve its ability to wet surfaces and form fine droplets. Reduced surface tension, random collisions between droplets of water and dust fines result in the wetting and enlargement of the dust particles, so that they drop out of suspension in the air.
Martin Engineering’s surfactant dust system applies surfactant agents using a fully automated system to maintain consistent treatment application while avoiding surfactant agent waste. The surfactant application is determined by the environment of each application, to match customer’s operating requirements.
The surfactant dust system features:
- Automatic flow adjustment eliminates surfactant solution waste and cost
- Industry-leading quality components provide reliable dependable operation
- Spray nozzles specially selected for individual requirements
- Sensors detect material load and belt speed to signal control unit and activate system
- Consistent solution-to-water ratio at any flow level
- Soft-start pump eliminates stress on pipes
- Adjustable pump sizes allow flexibility for system upgrades and added requirements
- Visual operational status indicator lights
- Customised surfactant agents to suit specific requirements
- Remote monitoring capability eliminates unnecessary visual inspections