Track Straight Automatic Conveyor Tracking System
Our system uses electronic belt detection to sense belt drift and relay that information to a tracking frame via a control box.
Innovative Mining Services’ Track Straight Automatic Conveyor Tracking System detects belt drift on conveyors and automatically makes adjustments to correct the issue. This is advantageous where tracking issues are caused by different or inconstant feed, being bias loaded to a conveyor, belt drift can be detected after a feed zone and tracking adjustments made before the feed zone. This results in:
- Increased production – reduced belt drift incidents
- Live feedback and active view of tracking system positions
- Less potential spillage causing dangerous work areas and reduced cleanup costs
- Retrofits onto existing tracking frames
- Reduced clean-up cost
- No requirements to isolate
- Elimination of live works
- Positive culture change
- Reduces the incidence of structural damage
Automatic Tracking Unit (ATU) Operation Overview
Traditional tracking frames use servo/guide rollers to actuate the tracking frame meaning the servo/guide rollers are a mechanical means of detecting belt drift.
Our system uses electronic belt detection to sense belt drift and relay that information to a tracking frame via a control box. This allows us to put the belt drift detection in the best possible position on the conveyor and use this information to actuate a tracking frame placed in a position to make the greatest impact on the conveyor tracking. This is not currently possible via mechanical means.