Stanmore Coal has received an off-market takeover offer from Golden Investments (Australia), a joint venture company owned by Golden Energy and Resources (GEAR) and Ascend Global Investment Fund.

Under the terms of the offer, Golden Investments intends to acquire up to 100% of Stanmore Coal in return for $0.95 in cash per share.

The bid values Stanmore at around A$240m ($175.78m) and offers the company a premium of a 14.5% over the company’s 5-day Volume Weighted Average Price.

In view of the offer, Stanmore asked its shareholders not to take any action at this stage. The company stated that its board will evaluate the offer before responding.

In a stock exchange announcement, Golden Energy and Resources revealed that it has signed an agreement to purchase 50,108,395 fully paid ordinary shares from Greatgroup Investments for a consideration of around A$47m ($34.3m).

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

The acquisition of the shares will give the company around 19.9% of the total issued share capital of Stanmore Coal.

“Golden Investments intends to acquire up to 100% of Stanmore Coal in return for $0.95 in cash per share.”

GEAR acquired a 51% interest in Golden Investments last week for the purpose of making the offer. Ascend Global owns the remaining 49% stake in the company.

Stanmore Coal Group is engaged in exploration, development and production of metallurgical and thermal coal, with interests in the several Queensland-based projects, including Isaac Plains, Isaac Plains East Open Cut, Isaac Downs, Isaac South, Clifford, The Range, Mackenzie, Belview, and Lilyvale.

Through the proposed transaction, GEAR intends to bolster its overall asset portfolio by diversifying and expanding its coal product suite and geographical presence.