Exploration and development firm Stratex International has secured a forest permit to develop the Altintepe gold project in Turkey.

All construction through to gold production and first net cashflow will be financed by Bahar Madencilik Sinayi ve Ticaret Ltd Sti, which is a 55% partner in the project, with Stratex holding the remaining 45%.

After starting production, Bahar will receive 80% of the net cashflow until it has recovered its investment, with 20% of net cash payable to Stratex.

Net cash will be disbursed on the basis of 55% to Bahar and 45% to Stratex.

"The forest permit was the final regulatory hurdle facing the project." 

Bahar has a minimum production target of 30,000oz a year. The company has said that the site is already being cleared to facilitate construction, which is anticipated to take about six months.

The approval of the environmental impact study, which was prepared by Golder Associates (Turkey), was secured in 2013.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Stratex International chief executive officer Bob Foster said the forest permit was the final regulatory hurdle facing the project.

"Bahar have already commenced clearing of the site to facilitate construction and, following a site visit and project review with Bahar in April, we anticipate providing the market with further details of project planning and timelines," Foster said.

"This is a major step in the transition of Stratex to being a gold-producing company and allows us to plan for the future with even more confidence."

Stratex has discovered more than 2.2 million ounces of gold to date, as well as 7.9 million ounces of silver and 186,000t of copper.

Energy Technology forum on LinkedIn