View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
September 1, 2016

HCL and CMDC to conduct mining operations in Chhattisgarh, India

Hindustan Copper (HCL) has signed a joint venture (JV) agreement with Chhattisgarh Mineral Development (CMDC) and PSE of State Government of Chhattisgarh to conduct mining operations in the Indian state.

Hindustan Copper (HCL) has signed a joint venture (JV) agreement with Chhattisgarh Mineral Development (CMDC) and PSE of State Government of Chhattisgarh to conduct mining operations in the Indian state.

Free Whitepaper
img

Mining Mega Trends and Their Impact to your Organisation's Resilience

Numerous mega trends are impacting the mining industry, making an effective resilience program more important than ever to ensure that operations continue as intended. From ESG considerations, through to the use of advanced technologies such as Internet of Things devices, AI, and digital twins, as well as workplace safety, volatility in commodity markets, and the spectre of Covid-19 still looming. Each mega trend has a different impact that needs managing correctly, with a one-size-fits-all approach insufficient. This white paper identifies the mega trends affecting mining businesses, while exploring the opportunities, risks, and implications for operational resilience, with expert insight from Dynamiq on the best practices and approaches to improve business outcomes. Download this document to learn more.  
by Dynamiq
Enter your details here to receive your free Whitepaper.

HCL is a Miniratna Category-I company under the administrative control of the Ministry of Mines, Government of India.

The newly formed JV company will carry out exploration and mining of copper ore in Chhattisgarh state.

"HCL will have a 74% equity stake in the new company."

HCL will have a 74% equity stake in the new company and the remaining 26% would be held by CMDC.

HCL is involved in exploration and production of copper ore, as well as refining, smelting, production of copper cathode and saleable products.

The collaboration will help boost copper exploration results in the state. It will also bolster India's raw material security.


Image: Hindustan Copper chairman Diwan and CMDC managing director Reena Kangale exchanging the documents after signing the agreement. Photo: courtesy of Hindustan Copper Ltd.

Related Companies

Free Whitepaper
img

Mining Mega Trends and Their Impact to your Organisation's Resilience

Numerous mega trends are impacting the mining industry, making an effective resilience program more important than ever to ensure that operations continue as intended. From ESG considerations, through to the use of advanced technologies such as Internet of Things devices, AI, and digital twins, as well as workplace safety, volatility in commodity markets, and the spectre of Covid-19 still looming. Each mega trend has a different impact that needs managing correctly, with a one-size-fits-all approach insufficient. This white paper identifies the mega trends affecting mining businesses, while exploring the opportunities, risks, and implications for operational resilience, with expert insight from Dynamiq on the best practices and approaches to improve business outcomes. Download this document to learn more.  
by Dynamiq
Enter your details here to receive your free Whitepaper.

NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The mining industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month. The mining industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Mining Technology