Contura Energy has agreed to merge with Alpha Natural Resources Holdings under a newly signed definitive agreement, which will create the biggest metallurgical coal production company in the US.

Alpha shareholders are set to receive 0.4071 Contura common shares for each Class C-1 share currently held in Alpha Natural Resources as part of the agreement.

The deal will see Contura hold approximately 53.5% stake in the merged entity, while Alpha Natural Resources will own the remaining 46.5% stake.

The newly formed company is expected to retain the name Contura Energy and will be led by Contura’s existing management team.

Contura is primarily engaged in the operation of coal mines, while Alpha is a producer of metallurgical coal.

"Cobalt Power Group has agreed to purchase all the issued and outstanding shares in Western Cobalt for a sum of C$2.31m ($1.79m)."

Both companies involved in the transaction are based in the US.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

Contura has engaged Ducera and Jefferies as its financial advisors for the merger, while Davis Polk & Wardwell was engaged as legal advisor.

Alpha Resources engaged Moelis & Company as financial advisor and Katten Muchin Rosenman as legal advisor for the transaction.

UraniumSA has reached an agreement to acquire the entire issued capital in Nomad Explorations, an Australia-based company that owns six highly prospective cobalt projects.

UraniumSA has agreed to pay A$0.05m ($0.07m) as a non-refundable deposit and issue 30 million shares as part of a first tranche placement under the arrangement, as well as issue 300 million fully paid ordinary shares and 140 million performance rights.

Nomad is also set to receive a 1.5% net smelter royalty (NSR) on all minerals produced and sold from the project.

Furthermore, UraniumSA plans to issue additional shares as part of a second tranche placement to raise a sum of A$1.2m ($1.64m).

UraniumSA is an Australian explorer of uranium, base metals and other minerals.

The company has engaged Taylor Collison as its corporate advisor for the transaction.

Emeco Holdings has signed a binding agreement to acquire Matilda Equipment Holdings for A$80m ($60.62m).

The company plans to fund the acquisition via a fully underwritten A$90m ($68.19m) pro-rata, accelerated, non-renounceable entitlement offer.

Emeco is engaged in providing equipment to the mining and construction industries, while Matilda Equipment Holdings is an equipment rental company.

Both companies involved in the transaction are based in Australia.

Emeco has engaged Macquarie Capital (Australia) as its financial adviser and Baker McKenzie as legal adviser for the transaction.

Cobalt Power Group has agreed to purchase all the issued and outstanding shares in Western Cobalt for a sum of C$2.31m ($1.79m).

Cobalt Power has agreed to issue 12.2 million common shares priced at C$0.19 ($0.15) each to the shareholders of Western Cobalt under the deal.

Western Cobalt will also be entitled to a 2.5% NSR in consideration of a C$1m ($0.77m) cash payment upon satisfying certain terms.

Cobalt Power is focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of mineral properties, while Western Cobalt primarily engaged mineral exploration.

Both companies are based in Canada.

Groupe Eramet has signed an agreement to acquire a 13.3% stake in Mineral Deposits Limited (MDL) under an all-cash takeover offer.

The transaction is valued at approximately A$291m ($220.15m).

Eramet is expected to purchase shares priced at A$1.46 ($1.1) a share from MDL’s key institutional shareholders on a fully diluted basis under the deal.

The two companies currently hold 50% stake each in the TiZir joint venture (JV), which runs the integrated titanium dioxide and zircon mineral sands business in Senegal and Norway.

Eramet has engaged Macquarie Capital (USA) as its financial advisor and Herbert Smith Freehills as legal advisor for the transaction.

France-based Eramet is an integrated mining and metallurgical company, while MDL is an Australian mineral explorer.