View all newsletters
Receive our newsletter - data, insights and analysis delivered to you
  1. News
January 25, 2019updated 24 Jan 2019 10:44am

M&As this week: Supreme Metals, Jevrois Mining, Braveheart Resources

Supreme Metals has completed the acquisition of Iberian Lithium.

Supreme Metals has completed the acquisition of Iberian Lithium.

Supreme has issued 35 million common shares, 115 million non-voting and convertible Series 1 preferred shares to the shareholders of Iberian Lithium at a price of $0.02 per share, under the transaction.

The acquisition added the advanced stage Alberta II lithium exploration project to Supreme’s portfolio.

Supreme has commenced diamond drilling programme at the project, which is located in northwestern Iberia. The drilling programme is being conducted by Sondeos y Perforaciones Industriales del Bierzo and managed by Salamanca Ingenieros.

Supreme Metals is a mining company focused on producing battery-grade lithium, while Iberian Lithium is engaged in the development and exploration of lithium properties.

Both the companies involved in the acquisition are based in Canada.

Jervois Mining has entered a definitive agreement to acquire M2 Cobalt.

Jervois has agreed to provide one share for each share in M2 Cobalt, as part of the agreement.

“Braveheart has signed a $5m loan agreement with Matlock Farms to finance the transaction.”

Jervois Mining is an Australian mineral exploration and evaluation company engaged in developing nickel, cobalt and scandium properties, while M2 Cobalt is a Canada-based exploration stage company focused on discovering cobalt properties.

Braveheart Resources has completed the acquisition of Purcell Basin Minerals under a plan of arrangement.

Purcell’s equity holders will have an option to acquire up to 16.5 million units of Braveheart, with each unit consisting of one common share and warrant. Each warrant will enable the holder to buy a common share at a price of $0.15 a share for a 12-month period.

Braveheart has signed a $5m loan agreement with Matlock Farms to finance the transaction.

Braveheart Resources is an exploration company focused on silver and gold properties in south-east British Columbia, while Purcell Basin Minerals is a mining company engaged in developing the Bull River project.

Both the companies involved in the acquisition are based in Canada.

China Molybdenum (China Moly) has acquired BHR Newwood DRC Holdings for $1.14bn.

The acquisition increased China Moly’s stake in the Tenke Fungurume copper and cobalt mine to 80%, while the remaining 20% is owned by Lubumbashi-based mining company Gecamines.

China Moly is a mining and processing company focused on producing molybdenum, while BHR Newwood is a company formed by private equity company BHR.

Related Companies

Topics in this article:
NEWSLETTER Sign up Tick the boxes of the newsletters you would like to receive. The top stories of the day delivered to you every weekday. A weekly roundup of the latest news and analysis, sent every Friday. The mining industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month. The mining industry's most comprehensive news and information delivered every month.
I consent to GlobalData UK Limited collecting my details provided via this form in accordance with the Privacy Policy
SUBSCRIBED

THANK YOU

Thank you for subscribing to Mining Technology