Latin Metals has signed a binding letter agreement with Golden Arrow Resources to acquire up to a 100% stake in the 3,500-hectare Huachi Property in Argentina.

Huachi is located adjacent to Latin Metals’ existing Esperanza Project in San Juan Province in Argentina.

Under the terms of the letter agreement, Latin Metals can initially acquire a 75% interest in the Huachi project by incurring exploration expenditures of $1m (C$1.35m) and making cash payments totalling $1m to Golden Arrow over a four-year period.

The definitive agreement will be based on this letter agreement and finalised within 90 days following its execution.

Upon exercising the option for the initial 75% interest, Latin Metals has the right to acquire the remaining 25% of the Huachi property.

In order to acquire the remaining stake, it must notify Golden Arrow within 60 days and pay an additional $2m within 90 days.

How well do you really know your competitors?

Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.

Company Profile – free sample

Thank you!

Your download email will arrive shortly

Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample

We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below form

By GlobalData
Visit our Privacy Policy for more information about our services, how we may use, process and share your personal data, including information of your rights in respect of your personal data and how you can unsubscribe from future marketing communications. Our services are intended for corporate subscribers and you warrant that the email address submitted is your corporate email address.

If this top-up right is exercised, Golden Arrow’s stake will be converted to a 1% net smelter return (NSR) royalty.

Should Latin Metals decide against exercising the top-up right, a joint venture (JV) will be established between the two companies.

Latin Metals will hold a 75% interest in the JV, while Golden Arrow will hold the remaining 25% and further explore and develop the Huachi property.

Both parties are required to contribute to work programmes in line with their ownership stakes.

In the event that either party’s interest dilutes to 15% or less, their stake will be converted to a 1% NSR royalty.

Additionally, Latin Metals has the right to conduct due diligence for 30 days following the letter agreement’s execution.

If due diligence results are unsatisfactory, Latin Metals can terminate the agreement without any obligations to Golden Arrow.