North America’s metals & mining industry saw a rise of 5% in deal activity during June 2022, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Orla Mining’s $189.23m acquisition of Gold Standard Ventures, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 21 metals & mining industry deals worth $809.5m were announced for the region in June 2022, against the 12-month average of 20 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in June 2022 with 17 transactions, representing an 81% share for the region.
In second place was venture financing with three deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 14.3% and 4.8% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s metals & mining industry with $422.21m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $385.47m and $1.83m, respectively.
North America metals & mining industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 51.2% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $414.24m, against the overall value of $809.5m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Orla Mining $189.23m acquisition deal with Gold Standard Ventures
2) The $161.59m acquisition of UEX by Uranium Energy
3) QNB Metals $38.62m acquisition deal with Minagoldchoix
4) The $14.7m acquisition of S.A. de and Minera Mexicana el Rosario by Guanajuato SilverLtd.
5) ARM,Aureolis Ventures,CapitalX,Chalet.vc,Climate Collective,Eton Park Capital Management,Futureland Ventures,Gaingels Management,Liquid 2 Ventures,MicroVentures,NewGen Venture Partners,Noveus Capital,NVO Capital,Palrecha Capital,Pareta Ventures,Quiet Ventures,Rebel Fund,Soma Capital,Starlight Ventures,Tango.vc,Y Combinator Continuity Fund and Zillionize Angel $10.1m venture financing deal with Impossible Mining