North America’s metals & mining industry saw a drop of 8.33% in deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Corcre S.A.P.I. de C.V and Juan Angel Cordova Creel’s $32.5m acquisition of 16.8% stake in Sidertulde C.V. , according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 22 metals & mining industry deals worth $94.1m were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 24 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in August 2021 with 18 transactions, representing an 81.8% share for the region.
In second place was private equity with two deals, followed by venture financing deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 9.1% and 9.1% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in North America’s metals & mining industry with $87.02m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $6.25m and $0.86m, respectively.
North America metals & mining industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 89.2% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $84m, against the overall value of $94.1m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Corcre S.A.P.I. de C.V and Juan Angel Cordova Creel $32.5m acquisition deal for 16.8% stake in Sidertulde C.V.
2) The $30m acquisition of Alaska Gold Torrent by Contango ORE
3) Zebra Holdings and Investments $12.53m acquisition of 5.25% stake in Lucara Diamond
4) The $5.5m venture financing of Earth AI by Arnoud Balhuizen,Cantos Ventures ,DCVC Management Co,Duro Ventures,Fifty Years Fund,Gagarin Capital Partners,Kyle Vogt,Metaplanet Holdings and Promus Ventures
5) Wealth Minerals $3.47m acquisition deal with World Copper