Total metals & mining industry M&A deals worth $471.35m were announced in Canada in January 2021, with Agnico Eagle Mines‘ $303.35m acquisition of TMAC Resources being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 78.1% over the previous month of $2.15bn and a drop of 49.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $933.94m.
Canada held a 16.83% share of the global metals & mining industry M&A deal value that totalled $2.8bn in January 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the Canada recorded 28 deals during January 2021, marking a decrease of 46.15% over the previous month and a drop of 50.88% over the 12-month average.
Canada metals & mining industry M&A deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five metals & mining industry M&A deals accounted for 97.2% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining M&A deals stood at $458.07m, against the overall value of $471.35m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry M&A deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Agnico Eagle Mines’ $303.35m acquisition of TMAC Resources
2) The $111.79m acquisition of QMX Gold by Eldorado Gold
3) Nemesia’ $24.01m acquisition of Lundin Gold.
4) The $11.67m asset transaction with Victory Nickel by Silver Elephant Mining
5) Silver Mountain Mines’ acquisition of Nevgold Resource for $7.25m.