Total metals & mining industry M&A deals worth $176.12m were announced in Canada in February 2021, with American Lithium’s $125.38m acquisition of Plateau Energy Metals being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 65.7% over the previous month of $513.43m and a drop of 82.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $987.44m.
Canada held a 23.70% share of the global metals & mining industry M&A deal value that totalled $743.23m in February 2021.
In terms of M&A deal activity, the Canada recorded 44 deals during February 2021, marking an increase of 29.41% over the previous month and a drop of 22.81% over the 12-month average.
Canada metals & mining industry M&A deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five metals & mining industry M&A deals accounted for 93.2% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining M&A deals stood at $164.08m, against the overall value of $176.12m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry M&A deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) American Lithium’s $125.38m acquisition of Plateau Energy Metals
2) The $12.64m acquisition of 2333382 Ontario by Avalon Advanced Materials
3) P2 Gold’ $10m asset transaction with Borealis Mining.
4) The $8.41m acquisition of Garibaldi Resources by Eskay Mining
5) Fancamp Exploration’s acquisition of ScoZinc Mining for $7.64m.