Total metals & mining industry deals worth $771.82m were announced globally for February 2021, with the $307m asset transaction with Barrick Gold being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 80.2% over the previous month of $3.9bn and a drop of 84.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.98bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 28.86% with 106 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 149 deals.
In value terms, South and Central America led the activity with deals worth $323m in February 2021.
Metals & Mining industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 74.7% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $576.8m, against the overall value of $771.82m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) OZD Asia’s $307m asset transaction with Barrick Gold
2) The $125.38m acquisition of Plateau Energy Metals by American Lithium
3) PT Tanito Harum Nickel’s $68.6m acquisition of PT Infei Metal Industry
4) The $46.09m acquisition deal of Paterson Copper by Cyprium Metals
5) Jiangxi Ganfeng Lithium’s acquisition deal with Sonora Lithium for $29.73m.