Total metals & mining industry deals worth $4.2bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $1.89bn acquisition of Shandong innovation metal technology being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 71% over the previous month of $2.48bn and a rise of 8.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.9bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.33% with 58 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 60 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $3.97bn in August 2021.
metals & mining industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 87.2% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.7bn, against the overall value of $4.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Beijing Hualian Hypermarket $1.89bn acquisition deal with Shandong innovation metal technology
2) The $1bn acquisition of 39.6% stake in Sino-Platinum Metals by Yunnan Investment Holding Group
3) Shandong Gold Mining (Laizhou) $404.17m acquisition deal with Shandong Dikuang Laijin Holdings
4) The $317.73m acquisition of 45% stake in Laizhou Hongsheng Mining Investment by Shandong Gold Mining (Laizhou)
5) Asante Gold $90m acquisition deal with Mensin Bibiani
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.