Total metals & mining industry deals worth $4.1bn were announced globally for March 2022, with the $1.7bn acquisition of 80% stake in Anyang Iron & Steel Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 79.7% over the previous month of $2.27bn and a drop of 17.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.97bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 9.09% with 50 deals in March 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 55 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $3.72bn in March 2022.
metals & mining industry deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 91.05% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.71bn, against the overall value of $4.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Fangda Group $1.7bn acquisition deal for 80% stake in Anyang Iron & Steel Group
2) The $1.61bn acquisition of 93.7% stake in Neelachal Ispat Nigam by Tata Steel Long Products
3) Star Alliance International $180m acquisition deal for 99% stake in Starving Lion
4) The $146.58m acquisition of PT Petrosea by PT Caraka Reksa Optima
5) Sichuan Xinjinlu Group $78.82m acquisition deal with Qinghai Jintai Potash Fertilizer