Total Metals & mining industry deals worth $3.8bn were announced globally for July 2022, with the $986.35m acquisition of 19% stake in Yunnan Aluminium being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 190.8% over the previous month of $1.31bn and a drop of 42.01% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.57bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 30.36% with 39 deals in July 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 56 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $2.18bn in July 2022.
Metals & mining industry deals in July 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 80.3% of the overall value during July 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $3.06bn, against the overall value of $3.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five Metals & mining industry deals of July 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Aluminumof China $986.35m acquisition deal for 19% stake in Yunnan Aluminium
2) The $962m acquisition of Lithea by Ganfeng Lithium
3) China Baowu Steel Group $629.57m acquisition deal for 51% stake in Xinyu Iron & Steel
4) The $332m acquisition of 73% stake in Igneo Technologies by Korea Zinc
5) International Royalty $154.54m acquisition deal with Great Bear Royalties