Total metals & mining industry deals worth $2bn were announced globally for August 2022, with the $471m acquisition of PTT Mining being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 52.2% over the previous month of $4.14bn and a drop of 71.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $7.05bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 25.45% with 41 deals in August 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 55 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $1.72bn in August 2022.
Metals & Mining industry deals in August 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 78.8% of the overall value during August 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.56bn, against the overall value of $2bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of August 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) PT Astrindo Nusantara Infrastruktur’s $471m acquisition deal with PTT Mining
2) The $420m acquisition of 30% stake in PT. and Golden Energy Mines by PT Radhika Jananta Raya
3) Stanmore Resources’s $380m acquisition deal for 20% stake in BHP Mitsui Coal
4) The $147.31m venture financing of Shanghai Jinyuansheng New Energy Materials by Chaoxi Capital, Chentao Capital, CPE Yuanfeng, FengYe (Shenzhen) Science and Technology, Gaolin Capital, Kekong Fengtai, National Policy Investment and Zhengxingu Capital
5) Whales Capital’s $143.04m acquisition deal with Guocheng Mining