Total metals & mining industry deals worth $2.3bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $525.78m acquisition of Anhui Dahua Oriental Mining and Anhui Sanli MiningLimited being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 47.4% over the previous month of $1.54bn and a drop of 54.05% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.94bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 43.86% with 32 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 57 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $1.15bn in February 2022.
metals & mining industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 66.4% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.51bn, against the overall value of $2.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Zhejiang Flat mirror Glass $525.78m acquisition deal with Anhui Dahua Oriental Mining and Anhui Sanli MiningLimited
2) The $400m acquisition of 43.7% stake in Minera Yanacocha by Newmont
3) Centerra (U.S.) $206.5m acquisition deal with Gemfield Resources
4) The $194.67m acquisition of Al Anmaa by Alghad Almutkamel for General Trading and Iron and Steel Metallic Industries
5) China Mining Resources Group $180m acquisition deal with Bikita Minerals