Total metals & mining industry deals worth $1.4bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $624.14m acquisition of Chackmore Unit Trust being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 5.9% over the previous month of $1.52bn and a drop of 64.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.01bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.11% with 53 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 61 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $877.67m in June 2021.
Metals & Mining industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 83.1% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $1.19bn, against the overall value of $1.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Locrian Holdings’ $624.14m acquisition of Chackmore Unit Trust
2) The $294m acquisition of 33.3% stake in Cerrejon Coal by Glencore
3) Ganfeng International’s $130m acquisition of 50% stake in Lithium du Mali
4) The $75.98m acquisition deal of North American Lithium by Sayona Mining and Sayona Quebec
5) Gold Royalty’s acquisition deal with Ely Gold Royalties for $67.37m.