Total Metals & mining industry deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the Orla Mining $189.23m acquisition of Gold Standard Ventures being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 89% over the previous month of $11.89bn and a drop of 79.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.42bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 24.07% with 67 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 54 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $809.51m in June 2022.
Metals & mining industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 50.8% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $665.43m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Metals & mining industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Orla Mining $189.23m acquisition deal with Gold Standard Ventures
2) The $161.59m acquisition of UEX by Uranium Energy
3) Polish State Treasury $147.92m acquisition deal for 64.6% stake in Lubelski Wegiel Bogdanka
4) The $92.72m acquisition of Altus Strategies by Elemental Royalties
5) Energy Investment(China) $73.97m acquisition deal for 52% stake with Inner Mongolia Datang International Zhungeer MiningLimited