Total Metals & mining industry deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally for June 2022, with the Orla Mining $189.23m acquisition of Gold Standard Ventures being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 89% over the previous month of $11.89bn and a drop of 79.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.42bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 24.07% with 67 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 54 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $809.51m in June 2022.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Metals & mining industry deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 50.8% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $665.43m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five Metals & mining industry deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Orla Mining $189.23m acquisition deal with Gold Standard Ventures
2) The $161.59m acquisition of UEX by Uranium Energy
3) Polish State Treasury $147.92m acquisition deal for 64.6% stake in Lubelski Wegiel Bogdanka
4) The $92.72m acquisition of Altus Strategies by Elemental Royalties
5) Energy Investment(China) $73.97m acquisition deal for 52% stake with Inner Mongolia Datang International Zhungeer MiningLimited