Total metals & mining industry deals for November 2019 worth $10.51bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 221% over the previous month and a rise of 142.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $4.33bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 1.8% over the last 12-month average with 108 deals against the average of 110 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $4.47bn.
Metals & mining industry deals in November 2019: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 73.5% of the overall value during November 2019.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $7.72bn, against the overall value of $10.51bn recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of November 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Kirkland Lake Gold’s $3.8bn acquisition of Detour Gold
2) The $1.53bn asset transaction with British Steel by Jingye Steel (UK) Holding and Jingye Steel (UK)
3) Pangang Group Vanadium Titanium and Resources’ $892.95m asset transaction with Pangang Group Xichang Steel and Vanadium
4) The $750m acquisition of Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines by Saracen Mineral Holdings
5) Saracen Goldfields’ acquisition of Barrick (Australia Pacific) for $750m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.