Total Metals & mining industry cross border deals worth $9.1bn were announced globally for May 2022, with the Gold Fields $6.7bn acquisition of Yamana Gold being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 914.4% over the previous month of $892.18m and a rise of 537.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.42bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 22.22% with 22 deals in May 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 18 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $6.73bn in May 2022.
Metals & mining industry cross border deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 99.3% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $8.99bn, against the overall value of $9.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five Metals & mining industry cross border deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Gold Fields $6.7bn acquisition deal with Yamana Gold
2) The $2bn acquisition of Denway Development by Seroja Investment
3) OM Materials (S) $120m acquisition deal for 25% stake in OM Materials (Samalaju) Sdn and OM Materials (Sarawak) Sdn
4) The $105m acquisition of AO Kun-Manie by Stanmix Holding
5) B2Gold $64.67m acquisition deal with Oklo Resources