Total Metals & mining industry cross border deals worth $438.6m were announced globally for June 2022, with the $161.59m acquisition of UEX being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 95.4% over the previous month of $9.48bn and a drop of 79.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.12bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 38.89% with 25 deals in June 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 18 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $217.11m in June 2022.
Metals & mining industry cross border deals in June 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 86.2% of the overall value during June 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $377.88m, against the overall value of $438.6m recorded for the month.
The top five Metals & mining industry cross border deals of June 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Uranium Energy $161.59m acquisition deal with UEX
2) The $92.72m acquisition of Altus Strategies by Elemental Royalties
3) Stellantis $52.6m acquisition deal for 8% stake in Vulcan Energy Resources
4) The $38.62m acquisition of Minagoldchoix by QNB Metals
5) Divine Token $32.35m acquisition deal with Billions Steel International