Asia-Pacific’s metals & mining industry saw a drop of 40.91% in deal activity during January 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Anhui Sierte Fertilizer Industry’s $116.86m acquisition of Guizhou Lufa Industrial, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 26 metals & mining industry deals worth $266.93m were announced for the region in January 2021, against the 12-month average of 44 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in January 2021 with 26 transactions, representing a 100% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s metals & mining industry with $266.93m.
Asia-Pacific metals & mining industry deals in January 2021: Top deals
The top five metals & mining deals accounted for 92.9% of the overall value during January 2021.
The combined value of the top five metals & mining deals stood at $247.94m, against the overall value of $266.93m recorded for the month.
The top five metals & mining industry deals of January 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Anhui Sierte Fertilizer Industry’s $116.86m acquisition of Guizhou Lufa Industrial
2) The $76m asset transaction deal with Government of Henan ProvInce by Henan Found Mining
3) Fortress Minerals’ $30m acquisition of Monument Mengapur Sdn.
4) The $16.92m acquisition of Jeil Steel Mfg. by Double S Private Equity No. one Association and Samdasoo
5) Ramelius Resources‘ asset transaction with Goldoro and Tampiagold for $8.16m.