IDS is pleased to present IBIS-FB, the new IBIS radar for broad area monitoring of blast-induced vibrations.
IBIS-FB is a revolutionary remote sensing monitoring system designed to support the assessment of blasting operations and control their impact both on the pit slopes and nearby structures.
Based on microwave interferometry technology, IBIS-FB integrates standard vibration monitoring systems providing remote broad area measurements of ground vibrations with high accuracy. After every single blast IBIS-FB measures a range of performance indexes at multiple points at long distances, even allowing data to be received from within inaccessible areas that traditional monitoring systems can’t monitor.
The user will be provided with broad area measurements of:
- Displacement, velocity and acceleration trends over time
- Peak particle velocity (PPV)
- Spectral distribution
- PPV trend vs scaled distance
IBIS-FB simultaneously acquires a very large data set at various distances, without the need to physically place any sensor or marker on the slope. The radar system not only enables frequent analysis of ground vibrations based on peak particle velocity and the associated frequency, but also allows PPV trend vs scaled distance to be modelled and predicted with a single, remote measurement.
Interpreting the results is made easy through the availability of the most common blasting analysis criteria (Richards & Moore, USBM, OSM) as well as customised tools. Improved safety, production optimisation and support for mine planning and hazard mitigation strategies will be ensured.
The IBIS-FB offers the following benefits:
- Development of site-specific indexes for blast performance monitoring and control. Repetitive measurements of areas of interest in support of long-term assessment.
- Simultaneous acquisition of a very large data set at various distances from the monitored area.
- Remote monitoring even of inaccessible areas of the pit. Corners or markers are not required.
- Modelling and prediction of PPV trend vs scaled distance for every single blast.
- Rapid installation and one-touch project set-up