HEBNA specialises in a compressed fit high-density polyethylene (HDPE) internal pipeline liner installation, pipeline rehabilitation and plastic pipe systems.
Hebna specialises in compressed-fit high-density polyethylene (HDPE) internal pipeline liner installation, pipeline rehabilitation and plastic pipe systems. The installation of HDPE liner pipe through trenchless technology is the time-tested best solution for the prevention of pipeline abrasion or corrosion.
HDPE liner pipe
The development of high-performance polymers used in the process of making HDPE liner pipe have come a long way. HEBNA uses bimodal polyethylene HD RC resins that provide excellent resistance to slow crack growth and rapid crack propagation.
For raised temperatures up to 203°F or 95°C, HD RT resins offer complete protection for high temperatures, aggressive chemicals and highly oxidative conditions.
Compressed-fit HDPE liner systems
Offering a superior form of pipeline maintenance and protection, Hebna’s compressed-fit liner provides a product that is particularly well-suited for protecting your pipeline investments that handle tailings, concentrate, acid lines and PLS.
In addition to the obvious maintenance benefits of abrasion and corrosion resistance, compressed-fit HDPE liner systems may also satisfy secondary containment requirements for pipelines through environmentally sensitive areas. The compressed-fit liner systems have been used as a cost-effective method to satisfy dual containment requirements.
With the ability to install liner in new or existing pipelines up to 52in in diameter, Hebna has your mining pipeline protection needs covered. Benefits of HDPE liners include:
- Does not rot, rust or corrode
- Superior abrasion resistance compared with steel
- Maintains optimum flow, resists biological build up and scale
- With heat fusion joints the pipe is leak tight
- Trenchless installation
- No pressure limitation as pressure is contained by host pipe
- Pipe sizes and wall thickness range from 2½in to 52in, custom ordered for your application
Experienced corrosion engineers say that inserting a compressed-fit HDPE liner is the best way to guarantee a zero-leak solution. To this end, it is no surprise that facility or corrosion engineers are increasingly opting for dual-containment systems, especially when pipelines are in proximity to environmentally sensitive waterways.
Long-life HDPE liners
Engineers are protecting new construction from internal corrosion or abrasion from the beginning, which consequently decreases pipeline maintenance costs.
Compressed-fit HDPE liner pipe can be used in a number of applications where a long service life is desirable. HDPE liners are used extensively in almost all pipeline applications including chemicals such as acids, alkalis and salts.
HDPE liners are a durable, cost-effective way of meeting your long-term goals in which internal corrosion or abrasion is an issue, including high-pressure large-diameter pipelines.
- Slurry pipelines for the transportation of slurries, concentrates and tailings
- Acid pipelines; SX-EW PLS, ILS raffinate
- Sea water, brine and industrial effluent pipelines
- Multiphase production lines
- Produced water or water injection
- C02 production and injection lines
Pipeline operators for more than 25 years have benefited from internal HDPE liners by rehabilitating existing small and large diameter pipelines that have suffered from internal corrosion or abrasion.
Internal HDPE liners may also provide an increase in flow capacity. The bridging properties of HDPE may enable operators to return their aged pipeline to full operating pressure.
Pipeline owners and operators count on Hebna to provide the most advanced materials and installation techniques for HDPE liners.
Lower capital costs due to longer pipeline life plus lower maintenance costs equals high-value investment.
Overall, the non-corrosiveness and abrasion resistance of HDPE plus the strength of the steel extends the life of pipeline assets.
- Protect your pipeline from abrasion or corrosion
- Protect your bottom line by extending the life of your pipeline assets and lowering operating costs
- Protect the environment and your company’s reputation by utilising a dual-containment system and lower your risk of leaks
- Hebna is dedicated to being on time and on budget with the right people and in the right place
- Hebna puts an emphasis on safety as no job is so urgent that it cannot be done safely
- Quality control is paramount to our long-term success. This starts with using the best materials, strict adherence to legislative requirements and proprietary processes
Hebna’s safety programme and credentials are monitored in real-time through PEC, Complyworks, Browz and ISNETworld.