Mining is one of the most complex industries, involving the movement of large volumes of minerals and bulk materials in each step of the mine-to-market value chain, from extracting ore to delivering the products to customers. Mining material handling equipment is, therefore, absolutely vital to the long-term success of modern mining businesses.
Mining operators require purpose-built, efficient material handling and storage solutions to remain competitive. They seek cost-effective hauling, feeding, conveying, loading, unloading and lifting equipment, and storage solutions that are reliable and need minimal maintenance.
Finding mining material handling equipment and service providers
Mining Technology has listed established materials handling equipment suppliers and bulk material transportation and storage specialists based on its intel, insights and decades-long experience in the sector.
The list covers the whole host of materials handling solutions for mining that includes different types of conveyors, buckets, bucket elevators, stackers, reclaimers, hoppers and ship loaders, as well as warehousing equipment, and heavy-lift and storage services.
The download document is designed for purchase and dispatch officers, logistics coordinators, inventory controllers, contract officers, as well as mine operations managers, logistics consultants and any other individual involved in materials handling and storage in the mining sector.
The download contains detailed information on the suppliers and their product lines, alongside contact details to aid your purchasing or hiring decision.
Bulk mining materials handling and storage solutions
Mining companies need specific material handling systems to efficiently move ore materials, minerals or metal products from one location to another.
Choosing appropriate materials handling and storage solutions could help in maintaining production rates and sales volumes while minimising overall operating costs.
The materials handling and storage systems and components designed for the mining sector include, but are not limited to:
- Conveyor belts and vertical conveyors
- Buckets, bucket elevators, and heavy-duty blades
- Vibrating and drum screens
- Crushers, mills, sand washers and dehydrating machines
- Stackers, reclaimers, hoppers, ship loaders, unloaders, and transhipment systems
- Forklifts, warehousing equipment and material handling fleet management
- Shipping containers and tanks for transport and storage
- Payload measurement solutions
- Cargo, heavy haulage, hydraulic heavy-lift and storage services
- Tracks for excavators, mobile crushing plants and material handling machines
- Heat, wind, and water-resistant roofing structures, and heavy-duty vacuum systems for mining materials storage
- Fuel storage, handling and pumping systems
- Concrete processing and transportation solutions for mining
The systems needed vary depending on mining methods, ore types, and distances between mines, processing plants, and bulk terminal points.