Wallbridge Mining has completed the delivery of 30,500t of material from its Broken Hammer platinum-palladium-copper deposit to Xstrata‘s Strathcona mill in Sudbury, Canada for processing.

The material will be processed in the next month, to determine the metallurgical recoveries and allow for final determination grade, mining dilution and fines losses.

Once the results of the bulk sampling programme and the recently completed drill programme are available, the firm will prepare a new resource estimate and feasibility study using current medium to long-term metal prices.

Wallbridge Mining holds a 98.5% interest in the Broken Hammer Property, with the remaining 1.5% held by Xstrata Nickel.

Wallbridge Mining president and CEO Alar Soever said the successful delivery of the bulk sample completes another step in the development of the Broken Hammer deposit.