Endeavour starts mining operations at Agbaou gold mine in Côte d’Ivoire

15 October 2013 (Last Updated October 15th, 2013 18:30)

Endeavour Mining has started operations at its Agbaou gold mine in Côte d'Ivoire, West Africa.

Agbaou gold mine

Endeavour Mining has started operations at its Agbaou gold mine in Côte d'Ivoire, West Africa.

The company said that construction continued as per the plan and the project is more than 90% complete and remains on budget.

The power line tower construction and stringing of the 15km 91KV line is complete, with the high voltage transformer installed at the Agbaou substation.

Endeavour said the process of plant construction was 94% complete and the delivery of mining equipment is ongoing, which include two D9 dozers, seven of the 777 haul truck fleet, and two Liebherr 9350 excavators.

The company will have an 85% interest in the mining entity established to develop Agbaou, with the remaining 15% being held by the Government of Côte d'Ivoire.

In June 2012, Endeavour revealed an updated report on the mine, which is situated about 200km northwest of the port city of Abidjan.

The report revealed a measured and indicated resource of 1.157 million ounces, comprised of 14.970 million tonnes at 2.43 g/t.

The mine is also said to possess proven and probable reserves of 0.905 million ounces comprised of 11.075 million tonnes at 2.54 g/t.

Endeavour owns three gold mines producing over 300,000 ounces per annum in Mali, Ghana and Burkina Faso.

The company's annual gold production is expected to exceed 400,000 ounces per year during 2014, including the start-up of production at the Agbaou gold mine, which is scheduled for the first quarter of 2014.


Image: Agbaou gold mine is more than 90% complete and remains on budget. Photo: Courtesy of Endeavour Mining.

Energy group link