M&As this week: Golden Reign Resources, Pan American, Silver Lake

16 November 2018 (Last Updated November 16th, 2018 09:49)

Golden Reign Resources has completed the acquisition of Marlin Gold Mining and renamed itself as Mako Mining (MKO).

Golden Reign Resources has completed the acquisition of Marlin Gold Mining and renamed itself as Mako Mining (MKO).

Marlin Gold will operate as a subsidiary of Golden Reign. All the outstanding shares of Marlin were transferred to Golden Reign as part of the transaction.

Golden Reign issued 0.5138 of a share for each share of Marlin.

Mako’s primary focus will be on Golden Reign’s San Albino gold deposit in northern Nicaragua and Marlin’s La Trinidad gold mine in Sinaloa, Mexico.

Golden Reign is a mineral exploration company, while Marlin Gold Mining is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of gold in the Americas.

Both companies are based in Canada.

Pan American has signed an agreement to acquire Tahoe Resources for $1.07bn.

The shareholders of Tahoe may choose to receive $3.4 in cash or 0.2403 Pan American shares for each share held. The shareholders are also entitled to get contingent payment in the form of contingent value rights exchanged for 0.0497 Pan American shares for each share held.

“The agreement will combine the Mount Monger and Deflector high-grade gold operations of the two companies.”

Pan American shareholders will hold a 73% interest in the company, while Tahoe shareholders will hold a 27% interest, upon closure of the acquisition.

The transaction is expected to be closed in the first quarter of 2019, subject to regulatory and necessary approvals.

Based in Canada, Pan American is a silver mining and exploration company, while Tahoe Resources is a US-based precious metals miner.

Silver Lake and Doray Minerals have entered a merger agreement to form a mid-tier gold producer.

Silver Lake has agreed to offer 0.6772 shares to Doray shareholders for each share held.

Once the agreement is completed, Silver Lake shareholders will own a 62.7% interest of the combined entity and Doray shareholders will hold the remaining 37.3% interest.

The agreement will combine the Mount Monger and Deflector high-grade gold operations of the two companies.

Silver Lake is a gold producing and exploration company, while Doray Minerals is gold and copper miner. Both the companies are based in Australia.

American Resources Corporation has entered an agreement to acquire Synergy Coal for $22.1m.

American Resources will pay 1.7 million common equity shares priced at $12.79 a share for the acquisition.

The transaction will add four operating mines of Synergy Coal located in the Central Appalachian coal region to American Resources’ asset base.

Both based in the US, American Resources is a mining company focused on premium thermal coal production, while Synergy Coal provides mining services.