In August, BHP and environmental group Conservation International (CI) renewed their unlikely partnership,...
- Q&A: the inside track on BHP & Conservation International’s unlikely partnership
- Companies leading the way in copper mining tech
- Surviving the Australian climate debate: read this and more in the new issue of MINE Australia
- Mining lobbies and the modern world: new issue of Mine Magazine out now
- Mining in Eritrea: could a new potash project spur sustainable growth?
Cullinan Diamond Mine, Gauteng
The Cullinan diamond mine is located in the Gauteng province of South Africa. The site is situated 40km east of Pretoria in Cullinan. The diamond mine is also known as Premier mine.
Kibali Gold Mine, Orientale
The Kibali gold mine is situated 560km north-east of Kisangani in the Orientale province, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Developed in an area of 1,836km² on the Moto goldfields, the site is one of the largest gold mines of Africa.
Assmang Manganese Mines, Northern Cape Province, South Africa
The Kalahari Manganese Field, located in Northern Cape Province, 700km south-west of Johannesburg, contains around 80% of the world's known high-grade manganese ore reserves. The district yields 4Mtpa, mined mainly by two companies: Samancor and Assmang.
Variant Friction Coefficients of Lagging and Implications for Conveyor Design
For many decades lagging has been used to both protect conveyor pulleys and to increase the available friction for driving the conveyor belt. Today lagging is available in various designs with differing stated capabilities and strengths.
Read our magazine
Mine Magazine is the essential reading material for decision-makers in the mining industry, bringing you the latest news and analysis in an exciting, interactive format.