The annual Australasian Oil & Gas Exhibition & Conference (AOG) is the platform event for the Australian oil and gas industry featuring more than 200 exhibiting brands. This event is a showcase of the latest products and attracts over 8,000 global visitors providing opportunities to network and learn about the latest technological and innovative breakthroughs which will drive the industry into the future.
Optec representative Brendan Whelan (CEO) will be attending the AOG conference in Perth from 14 to 16 March. Optec has stand F24-3 in the Instrumentation, Control & Automation section of the Exhibition Hall. Brendan will be at the stand for the three days of the conference and ready to answer any of your questions.
Optec are industry specialists in the Power, Mining, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical industries – providing Industrial Gas, Supervising Gas Fitter and Supervised Gasfitter courses. Our Supervising and Supervised Gasfitters courses equip participants with the skills and knowledge they need to perform at an industry standard. These full courses take three weeks to complete.
Optec is a Perth based company, with its headquarters in Osbourne Park. It is the sole provider of the RPL (recognised prior learning) certificate in the area. We review work history to assess the competency of individuals as supervised gasfitters. The process takes 2-3 days to complete.
Along with specialised courses focusing on working with natural gas, Optec provides High Voltage Operator Initial and Refresher courses and High Voltage consultancy for those within the Power industry.
We also provide Hazardous Area Wiring initial and refresher courses.
Our Hazardous Area Wiring courses are conducted over 5 days and cover topics such as:
- UEENEEM080A: Report on the integrity of explosion-protected equipment in hazardous areas
- UEENEEM019A/20A/21A/22A: Attend to breakdowns in hazardous areas, Coal mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM023A/24A/25A/26A: Install explosion-protected equipment and wiring systems, Coal mining*, Gas atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM027A/ 28A/29A/30A: Maintain equipment in hazardous areas, Coal; mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM038A/39A/40A/41A: Conduct testing of hazardous area installations, Coal mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation
- UEENEEM042A: Conduct visual inspection of existing hazardous areas installation
- UEENEEM043A/44A/45A/46A: Conduct detailed inspection of Hazardous Areas installations, Coal mining*, Gas Atmospheres, Dust Atmospheres & Pressurisation