"Technical leadership in Gekko’s key areas of global speciality is critical to the future of the company and the ongoing development of alternative flow sheets in the mining industry", says Sandy Gray, Technical Director.
"We also recognise that achieving excellence is all about having the right information and the right processes but, mostly, it’s all about having the right people".
As a result, Gekko is committed to growing the company’s knowledge, experience and global Technical Team to provide support in achieving technical leadership in the key areas of capability (particularly in precious metals):
- Low energy flow sheet design (optimal mineral liberation and feed preparation, comminution strategies, preconcentration and gangue rejection flow sheets).
- Low capex, small footprint plant design (low capital and operating costs, fast installations, small footprint, underground processing, distributed processing)
- Modular design and construction (modular pre-assembly design, standard components, e.g. gravity circuits,
screening, and flotation and crushing modules)
When we combine the key technical knowledge with Gekko’s unique proprietary equipment, lean manufacturing processes, andoperations capability, a strong resource combination is formed under the one roof", said Gray.
"The Gekko Technical Team operates on the basis of working with customers to assess the best possible technical outcomes for their projects. We explore with the customer the characteristics of the ore, the potential recoveries and the economic benefit that our technology can deliver".
Gekko’s strategies enhance better results for customers through global technical leadership and include:
- Increasing the number of people in the Technical Team across all offices. (Technical Team totals 41)
- Developing a Graduate Metallurgy Program (currently six students participating in the 2012 program)
- Holding annual technical and training conferences, focused on sharing knowledge internally and across the company’s geographic centres of excellence
- Growing capacity to provide more on-site skilled technical consulting resources
- Investing in additional assay and metallurgical laboratory capability
- Working with research groups such as AJ Parker to further develop industry knowledge around gold plants and particularly, the benefits of continuous gravity devices and innovative flow sheets