In-Situ Construction & Maintenance Concrete and Earthwork Civil Construction, Mass Gravity Stabilisation and Mine Maintenance
In-Situ Construction & Maintenance (ICM) is a Australian construction company specialising in medium-to-large concrete and earthwork civils, mass gravity stabilisation, mine maintenance and marine construction.
In-Situ Construction has been established in the Mid West region for the past 20 years. A family-owned and operated business, Jim and Geoff Bavoillot have established a solid reputation for quality and diversity Australia-wide.
ICM has maintained a verifiable track record for the successful completion of multi-million dollar projects. This has been achieved by coordinating trades, developing partnerships and building a positive rapport with architects, engineers, local officials and clients, while maintaining on-target costs.
Construction services for the mining industry
ICM prides itself on providing professional and well-trained staff capable of completing difficult jobs on schedule, and the ability to work in remote locations with limited communication and logistical support.
With a solid background in large and medium concrete civil contracts, the company has successfully diversified into marine construction and has completed numerous projects of this nature.
Our services include:
- Civil construction
- Concrete placement from major construction contracts to pathways
- Concrete manufacture in exact quantities to required specifications
- Paste and CAF backfill and earth stabilisation
- Pile driving and marine construction
- Engineering capabilities
Health and safety in construction
Safety represents an integral part of our business. A safe work environment is essential to foster confidence from clients and staff alike. In-Situ Construction & Maintenance is committed to:
- Providing training and supervision to enable each member of our workforce to work safely
- Providing ongoing assessment and evaluation of all work practices to identify and eliminate unsafe practices
- Adhering to and embracing all safety rules, whether governed by legislation or client-initiated
- Providing PPE and ensuring employees are familiar with it and use it in the correct manner
- Providing a work environment that caters to health and safety
Environmentally sustainable construction
In-Situ Construction & Maintenance is committed to reducing impacts on the environment associated with its business activities, and implementing best practices to support environmental sustainability.
The company is committed to achieving the highest management standards, with particular emphasis placed upon managing and controlling the protection of the environment through careful management and education.
ICM can undertake large-scale works with minimal impact on the natural environment, having developed extensive operational procedures that are strictly adhered to regarding construction and environmental impact.
In-Situ Construction & Maintenance has a responsible attitude to the Environment. This is displayed in its day to day operations by:
- Maintaining open and honest communication with all parties that have an interest, whether this be cultural or professional in all work sites
- Comply with all legislative requirements
- Adhere and embrace all client-initiated environmental practises
- Educate employees and contractors in their role in relation to the environment and their impact upon it
Case study: 4W3 bridge and flow control, Onslow, WA
ICM was the main contractor on this A$2.2m Onslow Salt project. The project involved the construction of a fully-sealed detour on the main road to keep two lanes of traffic passing. A pile and pre-cast concrete bridge was constructed over the flow control structure so Onslow Salt could control their brine for density between the two ponds while the main road for Onslow could pass through.
Case study: upgrade Irwin river crossing, Mingenew, WA
As the main contractor on this A$2.4m project for Mingenew Shire Council, the company completely removed the existing floodway crossing and constructed a new culvert bridge and associated rock protection, while raising the height of the road by 4m to MRDWA specifications.
Case study: Rumah Baru freight handling and passenger facilities, Cocos (Keeling) Islands
As a first tier contractor to VDM on this A$45m project, ICM constructed a new freight handling and passenger transport facility on the islands with ICM’s project total being A$18m of the above project cost. The development comprised:
- Offshore island approximately 200m from the shoreline with an area of approximately 2,800m²
- 200m long approach bridge and facilities
- Installation of services
- Upgrade and realignment of the existing access road to Rumah Baru
- Construction and maintenance of a temporary recreational boat ramp
Case study: recreational jetty, Jurien Bay, WA
This A$2.6m project for the Shire of Dandaragan involved the design and construction of a new jetty and partial demolition of the existing southern jetty. The new recreation jetty incorperated solar lighting, sheltered fish cleaning station and water fountain. ICM also installed a swimming platform ajacent and independent to the new recreation jetty.
Case study: Irwin recreation centre, Port Denison, Dongara, WA
As the main contractor on this A$9m contract for the Shire of Irwin, ICM constructed a multi-purpose recreation centre with a two-court stadium, function centre with full commercial kitchen plus bar, changing rooms, offices, a reception, storerooms and a smaller function room.
About In-Situ Construction & Maintenance
At a corporate level, In-Situ Construction & Maintenance complies with all policies regarding the company’s business principles and health, safety, environment and community (HSEC) management standards. In-Situ Construction & Maintenance’s mission is:
"We will grow and manage a diversified portfolio of heavy construction including concrete works steel fabrication, prestressing, piling demolition and precast concrete manufacturing with the single aim of delivering industry-leading returns. We can achieve this only through genuine partnerships with employees, customers, local communities and other stakeholders that are based on integrity, cooperation, transparency and mutual value-creation."
To find out more about ICM’s services, or to make an enquiry, please contact us using the details or form below.
Products and Services
49 Bailey Street