Voith Turbo, Start-up Components, prepared an animation depicting the fluid coupling type TVVS and its function.
The TVVS coupling is a very reliable driving component regarding to constructional as well as to hydrodynamic aspects.
The essential properties of the TVVS-coupling:
– Extremely smooth start-up procedure due to enlarged delay chamber and annular chamber.
– The torque built-up during start-up adjusts to the load, fully automatically, without external action, due to the hydrodynamic design only.
– Relatively big quantity of operating fluid in the coupling allows high starting frequency.
– The TVVS-coupling is available in various designs, for operating fluid oil as well as water. Depending on the coupling size a power transmission of 30 up to 1200 kW can be realized.
Due to these properties the TVVS coupling is the best suitable drive element for:
– High-quality drives in mechanical handling, especially long belt conveyors.
– Drives with high-inertia machines requiring electrical supply system relief (soft start).
– Drives where a load-dependent built-up of torque substantially protects the components.
The TVVS animation comprises two parts:
A 3D intro presenting a conveyor drive with TVVS coupling and a 2D animation, simulating a start-up with loaded and unloaded conveyor.