Dust-A-Side Dust Control Management Systems
Dust-A-Side is a global player offering total dust management solutions for the mining industry.
The company’s products and services include:
- Haul roads dust management and maintenance
- Dust suppression and prevention on materials handling systems
- Value measurement systems (DasDMR and DasMetrics)
Management of fugitive dust on heavily traffic haul roads
Dust-A-Side product is an environmentally friendly, bitumen-based emulsion that is applied on heavily trafficked haul roads for the prevention and management of dust in the mining industry. It is all-weather products that can be applied at harsh conditions including subzero conditions, wet weather and extremely dry conditions.
This product has successfully been used throughout the world for underground and surface mining operations on iron ore, coal, platinum, diamond, copper, zinc and nickel mines in Australia, Chile, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia and Mozambique.
The proper maintenance of the Dust-A-Side Product Program can significantly enhance the profitability and sustainability of a mining operation. The immediate benefit is safer hauling conditions with improved visibility, and a greatly enhanced road surface.
The use of Dust-A-Side Product, result in the saving of water, a reduced carbon footprint as well as a dus- free healthier environment for mining employees and surrounding communities.
Management of fugitive dust on moderate to light traffic haul roads
The company has various products available for the treatment of dust on moderate to light traffic haul roads.
Depending on customers’ requirements and the aggregate on the mine products, we recommend various product such as HydroSperse, HydroTac and HydroWet, which includes benefits such as:
- HydroSperse: HydroSperse is a blend of lignosulphonate, bitumen emulsion and environmentally friendly surfactant specifically formulated to control fugitive dust on moderate to light traffic haul roads. The product is biodegradable and does not contain corrosive chloride compounds or waste oils. The product works by binding fine dust particles by creating a dust free haul roads. Using HydroSperse results in the saving of water, a reduced carbon footprint, as well as a dust free healthier environment for mining employees and surrounding communities
- HydroTac: HydroTac is a Lignosulphonate binder formulated to control fugitive dust on haul roads, stockpiles and materials handling transfer point. It reduces gravel loss, airborne dust and road maintenance. It can be applied to a variety of materials with different compositions and characteristics. It is environmentally friendly, non-toxic and it is quick and easy to use and does not interrupt traffic flows
- HydroWet: HydroWet is a surfactant specially formulated to reduce surface tension of water, which improves its wetting capability by penetrating the road bed easily without the formation of mud or slippery surface. The retained moisture in the road bed keeps the road moist for longer thereby reducing frequent watering. This results in saving of water cart fleet costs. It is environmentally friendly, non-toxic and it is quick and easy-to-use and does not interrupt traffic flows
Suppression and prevention of dust on materials handling
Dust can represent profit being blown away in the wind and can also represent airborne dust that is harmful to the environment, humans and animals.
The wet dust control systems are used to prevent and suppress dust on materials handling systems, conveyor transfer points, tipping areas, crushers, screens, shoots, stockpiles and loading terminals.
These systems use compressed air from high-pressure pumps, dosed with a surfactant-treated feed water to produce droplets of 1µ-10µ to collide, agglomerate to the same size of airborne dust particles and bring them back to the source.
The systems are easy-to-install and can be easily upgraded to effectively and efficiently eliminate airborne dust.
Preventing dust particle emissions and wind erosion
AquaTarp is solvent-free, water and surfactant-based dispersion of a styrene copolymer agent. The presence of acrylic matter in the formulation helps to bind fine dust particles that can become airborne. The crust formed by AquaTarp binds the dust particles together, preventing dust particles from being emitted into the atmosphere and preventing wind and water erosion.
This product can be used for niche applications such as stabilisation or hard park areas, workshop areas, sealing of mine dumps, sealing of product on transported in trucks and rail wagons.
Haul road condition monitoring and reporting
DasMetrics deliver near to real-time haul-road condition monitoring and reporting tool. In a large operation, it helps to prioritise maintenance schedules as the live data can be logged every minute for access at any time.
EcoTech measures total dust (TSPM and airborne dust) in all four directions together with the wind direction and speed. Live data can be logged every minute and accessed at any time.
Environmental and cost benefits:
- Safe and healthy working environment
- Enhances quality of operations
- Compliance to environmental legislation
- Productivity improvement
- Excellent return on investment