Komatsu America Corp., a leading global heavy equipment manufacturer, introduced the D375A-8 crawler dozer today. The D375A-8 features an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine that produces more than 20% more horsepower while the dozer is traveling in the reverse direction. The additional horsepower yields faster cycle times and a productivity increase of up to 18%.
This mining-class dozer also comes with structural enhancements for increased durability of the mainframe and track frame. The D375A-8 also features an improved suspended undercarriage, larger viscous cab mounts, and a new air-suspension heated and ventilated seat for overall operator comfort.
"Whether its reclamation, large construction or production mining applications, the D375A-8 is the right machine for the job," said Joe Sollitt, product manager, Komatsu America.
"The durability improvements to this new model drive down the total cost of ownership while the more powerful Tier 4 final engine significantly increases performance and production. The improvements to the undercarriage, cab suspension, and operator interface will make D375A-8 operators more comfortable and productive throughout their shift."
Under the Hood
- A powerful Tier 4 Final SAA6D170E-7 engine with a net horsepower of 609HP in the forward direction and 748HP in the reverse direction
- No selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system or diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) required
- Variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) improves low-speed response and boost
- High pressure, common rail fuel injection system
- Dual Komatsu diesel particulate filters (KDPFs)
- Large capacity and high-efficiency exhaust gas recirculation coolers
- Automatic, three-speed transmission with an automatically engaging lockup torque converter provides increased fuel-efficiency and faster ground speeds during long pushes
Machine Performance Enhancements
- Changes to suspended undercarriage, cab isolators, operator seat, and ergonomics of operator interface significantly improve operator comfort and yield more productive shifts
- Structural enhancements of track frame and mainframe increase major component life
- New single link blade support and larger trunnion bearings reduce maintenance, increase blade stiffness, and minimize blade shake
- Standard features such as blade auto-pitch, ripper auto-return, and shoe slip control reduce operator fatigue and increase productivity
- Improved visibility to cutting edge and ripper point
Other noteworthy features on the D375A-8 crawler dozer:
- New, optional hydraulic boarding ladder
- New full wraparound rear platform
- Engine access doors swing forward not upward
- Swing-out, hydraulically driven and reversible radiator fan and Mesabi copper-core radiator simplifies cleaning and maintenance
- Larger cab mounts with more vertical stroke and shock absorption
- New heated/ventilated operator’s seat with improved suspension and cushioning
- All new, large capacity, automatic air conditioner remote mounted behind cab
- Cab layout and work equipment control lever modifications improve ergonomics and overall operator comfort
- Ground level fluid evacuation/service center with Wiggins quick couplers
- Remote mounted, centralized grease points
- Ground level fast fuel coupler
- Centralized fluid sampling and PM service connectors
- Standard rearview monitoring system
- Standard LED lighting package