Explosion-Proof Motors for Underground Coal Mines
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Explosion-Proof Motors for Underground Coal MinesABB AB
Baldor Electric Company (a member of the ABB group) provides totally-enclosed explosion-proof motors for use in the dust-filled explosive atmosphere of underground coal mines.
In the continuous (24/7) operation of underground coal mines around the world, rugged and durable motors are required to power the constantly-running mining machinery. These motors need to be maintenance-free and must be designed to operate safely and efficiently in this hazardous and severe environment.
Baldor Electric's totally-enclosed explosion-proof motors are designed for use in the dust-filled explosive atmosphere of an underground coal mine. Tight machining tolerances of the housings, bearing brackets, and the conduit box provide the explosion-proof integrity required by MSHA and other international certifying agencies. Cast iron conduit box parts along with packing glands and protective hose connectors meet the requirements of ATEX, IEC and MSHA and other certifying agencies.
- Designed and certified for hazardous mining atmospheres
- Meets or exceed global high efficiency standards
- 1100 volt capability
- Optional special shaft configurations
- Optional double shaft extensions
- Optional flange mounting configurations
- Worldwide local customer support
- Proven designs that translate into increased equipment up-time
- Performance and quality backed by over 85 years of mining experience
- Energy efficient designs that result in energy savings and longer motor life
For more information please download the brochure on certified mining motors here: