Rotary Machine Equipment Centrifugal and Axial Fan Design, Manufacture and Maintenance
Rotary Machine Equipment (RME) was established 1990 and initially concentrated on the supply of spares and the repair of existing fans in the mining industry.
During the first few years RME developed a range of centrifugal and axial fan designs to meet a wide variety of performance duties. This fan range now covers all industrial and mining fan applications.
Centrifugal and axial fans
Our fan engineering experience spans over 30 years and our custom fan designs allow us to adapt our fan range to meet any new application and design requirement. Our fan range and innovative custom engineering designs have been successfully tried and tested in numerous and varied applications.
RME has expanded from an initial sales office and now has its own manufacturing facility where all fans are designed and manufactured in-house. From the outset our objective was to provide quality products and service.
Centrifugal and axial fan design and maintenance services
Our long term and repeated business relationships of over 15 years, along with our major clients, proves that we have been successful in achieving our initial objective of quality and service. Our services include:
- The selection, design, manufacture, supply and service of heavy duty fans for any application
- Custom-engineered fans – designed to suit the user’s specific requirements
- Local content of 100% – including development, design and manufacture
- Extensive experience covering all fan engineering applications
- Refurbishment and repairs to any existing fan installations, including the supply of spares
- Specialised on-site services including, performance testing, balancing, repairs and installation
- Consulting services related to all fan applications
RME offers a range of centrifugal fans in sizes from 300m to 3,200m with the following features and for the following applications:
- Backward aerofoil bladed fans for clean air / gas applications with very high efficiencies
- Backward curve bladed fans for clean air / gas applications with high efficiencies
- Forward curved – radial tip bladed fans for dirty / dusty applications with good efficiencies
- Radial bladed fans for severe dust and wear applications
- Single and double inlet fans with capacities up to 500m³
We supply fans that are suitable for all applications, including high temperature, corrosion and wear. Materials of manufacture include carbon and high tensile steel, stainless steel and high performance alloys
Our axial fans are available as fixed and adjustable pitch fans and as in-line axial fans, direct or belt driven. We also provide:
- Jet and man cooler fans
- Centri-axial high-pressure axial flow fans
- Guide vane axial fans suitable for higher pressure requirements
All our fans are manufactured with aluminium, cast iron and steel blades.
Fan control gear
RME provides fan control gear including radial vane inlet control, variable inlet vane control, dampers and isolation damper’s and variable-speed fluid coupling and electric VSD.
Auxiliary fan-related products
RME’s product range is complimented by various optional auxiliary products. These include:
- Ducting and drift work
- Fan control dampers and speed control
- Self-closing doors and air-lock doors
- Compensators and expansion joints
- Silencers and acoustic insulation
- Vibration and temperature protection instrumentation and control panels
- Electric motors, diesel drives and steam turbine drives
- RME special heavy-duty oil ring lubricated fan bearings and dual bearing boxes