Hitachi Announces Rapid Maturity Assessment and Improvement Services for Pit Operations
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Hitachi Announces Rapid Maturity Assessment and Improvement Services for Pit OperationsHitachi Consulting
Hitachi Consulting, a subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd (TSE: 6501) and a leading provider of IT consulting and management consulting solutions and services, today announced that it is teaming with Wenco International Mining Systems (Ltd) to launch a new joint service for pit operations.
This new service is in response to clients' request to know how their operations compare and contrast with their peers, and guidelines on which parts of the operations they should improve. The service includes a maturity assessment of the overall pit dispatch / fleet management operation against an industry benchmark, as well as an improvement support service to help pit operations teams raise their overall performance:
- The dispatch operations maturity assessment tool provides sites with a prioritised list of improvement activities to improve pit operations. The assessment is not limited to any brand of fleet management systems software or mobile equipment
- The dispatch operations maturity improvement service offers a configurable support service to mine support teams to improve the activities that inhibit overall production performance. Clients have the choice of selecting specific services to complement their own internal capabilities
The assessment and improvement services allow companies to address one or more of the eight key aspects of pit operations optimisation:
- Measurement systems
- Fleet management software systems
- Data quality
- Dispatch function management
- Shift operations management
- Pit operations optimisation
- Asset reliability management
- Integration with downstream processes
Hitachi Consulting vice-president of metals and mining Gerhard van Niekerk said: "Pit operations are dynamic environments that are really hard to keep optimised.
"Due to this complex environment, knowing which of these parts of the operation are inhibiting the overall pit performance still relies on perceptions today. Holistic operational assessments like ours make it possible for operations management to know where to focus effort to improve shift operations, asset productivity, and, consequently, increased production output."
To set up an overview of this new service, please contact Gerhard van Niekerk at +1 832 434 3630 or Gerhard.Van.Niekerk@hitachiconsulting.com.