IDS GeoRadar Radar for Mining Applications
IDS GeoRadar is a leading supplier of robust, reliable and user-friendly radar systems, including slope-monitoring radar and ground-penetrating radar for mining applications.
Radar for slope monitoring in open pit mines
The IBIS product family offers robust and accurate slope monitoring radar solutions able to rapidly measure slope movements over large areas with sub-millimetre accuracy, providing early warning for impending wall failures. Currently, the most prominent international mining groups choose IDS radars for their reliability, robustness and unrivalled performance.
With FPM360 and multi-scale movement detection algorithm, it is now possible to cover the entire pit and take advantage of the IBIS system’s capabilities for detecting very slow movements in support of mine planning, by taking actions even before displacement starts to interfere with operations.
Slope monitoring radar features:
- Continuous measurement of mine wall / slope movements with sub-millimetre accuracy from distances up to 4,000m
- Full coverage of the entire range of slope instability, from sub-bench failures to large collapses thanks to unequalled spatial resolution and accuracy
- High in-service availability and low maintenance costs due to few moving parts (dish-less antennas) and small power consumption (solar-powered with diesel back-up)
- Suitable for critical active monitoring, as well as long-term monitoring
- Long data sets for geotechnical investigations
- Operates in all-weather conditions
Real-time slope movement monitoring
The IBIS-FM is a modular semi-permanent long range slope monitoring radar. By employing a new advanced radar technology, IBIS-FM is able to set an unmatched acquisition time, leading to the following advantages:
- Faster detection of movements without the need to reduce the area to be monitored
- Reduced impact of the atmosphere between consecutive acquisitions
- Improved sensibility to the onset of potential failures
- ‘Set and forget’ system; the long operating distance allows for temporary or semi-permanent deployment away from operational and blasting zones
Mobile, long-range monitoring system
The alternative IBIS configuration, IBIS-FMT, provides highly accurate, real-time and all-weather measurement of mine wall movements and reliable early warnings for impending failures, with the added value of being fully integrated on a trailer.
The system is ideal for installations where mobility and long range are required. In addition to the standard IBIS advantages, IBIS-FMT offers the following extra benefits:
- A mobile system that is easily towable by light vehicles
- Quick and easy to set-up
- Being self-contained and self-powered
- Fixed or mobile installation capability
- Ideal for multiple pits and large operations
Fast deployment in critical areas and short-range multiple-pit operations
The IBIS-Rover provides highly accurate real-time measurements of mine wall movements, as well as reliable early warning of impending failures, with the added value of high mobility, fast deployment and an enlarged field of view of up to 270°.
IBIS-Rover’s features make it an ideal system for open cut, long-wall operations, multiple open pits where frequent relocation is required, or when urgent active monitoring is required.
In addition to all the functions and proven benefits of the IBIS family, IBIS-Rover offers the following extra benefits:
- Quick and easy one-man set-up
- A self-contained and fully integrated system
- A mobile system, ideal where frequent relocation is required
- Auto-geocoding of radar data
- Enlarged coverage field of view of up to 270°
360° scalable multi-radar system
The FPM360 is an integrated monitoring system based on multiple radar units, controlled and interfaced by a single advanced software platform to provide complete situation awareness. With 360° coverage of the pit slopes in real-time, geotechnical engineers are equipped with a universal image of the entire pit providing exhaustive information about potential areas of instability. FPM360 benefits:
- Integration of multiple IBIS radar units
- Unique user interface for multiple IBIS-FM / FMT / IBIS-Rover radar units for alarm and analysis purposes
- Radar maps simultaneously visualised on the same DTM as one single dataset
- Scalable solution to account for mine expansion
High-resolution panoramic camera for open pits
Eagle-Vision is a new solution on the mining market featuring high image resolution, panoramic coverage and photo-geocoding capabilities. Eagle-Vision is able to capture panoramic photos of the entire pit while keeping a bench resolution at a range of thousands of meters from the slope, providing effective visual information on mine wall stability in support of geotechnical investigations:
- High-resolution images
- Broad coverage for capturing the entire panorama of the pit walls
- Superior bench-scale details
- Designed for mining applications: cutting-edge performance, reliability and durability
- Live stream of specific sectors of the wall
Ground penetrating radar (GPR) systems
IDS is the leading supplier of multi-frequency and multi-channel ground penetrating radar (GPR) designed for non-destructive testing and geophysical investigations.
Remote sensing assessment of blasting performance and highwall damage control
IBIS-FB is a revolutionary remote sensing monitoring system designed to support the assessment of blasting operations and control their impact both on the pit slopes and nearby structures.
Based on microwave interferometry technology, IBIS-FB provides remote broad area measurements of ground vibrations with high accuracy. After every single blast IBIS-FB measures a range of performance indexes at multiple points at long distances, without the need to physically place any sensor or marker on the slope.
IBIS-FB offers the following advantages:
- All-in-one solution to qualitatively and quantitatively monitor blast vibrations
- Remote monitoring even of inaccessible areas of the pit
- Very large data set at various distances from the monitored area
- PPV trend vs scaled distance for every single blast
- Rapid installation and one-touch project set-up
Products and Services
IBIS-Rover in Complex Pit Geometry
The Anagold Çöpler Gold Mine in Turkey takes advantage of the flexibility of the IBIS-Rover to cover multiple critical areas in complex pit geometry.
IBIS Dispatch – Smart Integrated Platform Delivering Real-Time IBIS Radar Alarm Information
IBIS Dispatch allows despatch operators to make critical and timely decisions, without interfering with radar data. This advanced software platform provides despatch operators with all the alarm state information coming from IBIS units without the need to deal directly with radar data, or interfere with IBIS Guardian projects.
Eagle-Vision Camera: A Magnifying Glass On Mine Slope Instability
The Eagle-Vision camera is a unique solution on the mining market featuring high image resolution, panoramic coverage and photo-geocoding capabilities all in a single integrated system.
FPM360 Full Pit Monitoring: Expanded Frontiers of Slope Monitoring Radar
The FPM360 monitoring solution covers the entire pit, providing full image information on slope stability.
Innovative Radar for Monitoring Slope Movements in Mines
Applications continuously measure (24x7) mine wall movements with submillimetric accuracy at long distances (up to 4km).
Enhanced Mobility for the Unrivalled Slope Monitoring Radar
The IBIS-FMT system is the latest addition to the IDS family of slope monitoring radar designed to improve safety and maximize productivity within open pit mines.
HYDRA-U monitors surface deformations, ground fall hazards in real-time.Read more
IDS GeoRadar, a leading provider of interferometric technology solutions, and multi-frequency, multi-channel Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) worldwide, today launched IBIS-ArcSAR, the next generation slope monitoring radar system based on the new ArcSAR technology.Read more
IDS GeoRadar and TRE ALTAMIRA were invited to present SAR applications for the mining sector within the course on 'Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Technology for Mine Planning and Safety Management' at the Department of Mining Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India, on 7-10 February 2017.Read more
IDS GeoRadar and TRE ALTAMIRA Integrate Satellite and Ground-based SAR to Further Improve Safety Monitoring
IDS GeoRadar, the leading provider of slope monitoring radar systems (IBIS) worldwide, and TRE ALTAMIRA, the worldwide leader in ground-monitoring services using satellite InSAR, are pleased to announce a new integrated monitoring service to mine companies, capitalising on their expertise in synthetic aperture radar (SAR) technologies.Read more
IBIS have introduced a slope monitoring radar system able to resolve the spatial direction of displacement over hundreds of thousands of pixels, in real time.Read more
IDS is pleased to present IBIS-FB, the new IBIS radar for broad area monitoring of blast-induced vibrations.Read more
IDS is pleased to introduce IBIS Guardian 3.1, the latest release of IBIS Guardian software, combining a reworked user interface with the most advanced automatic atmospheric correction algorithm available on the market.Read more
IBIS Dispatch Software – A New Smart Integrated Platform Delivering Real-Time IBIS Radar Alarm Information
IBIS Dispatch is the brand new IDS software allowing dispatch operators to make critical and timely decisions, without interfering with radar data. IBIS Dispatch provides all the alarm state information coming from IBIS units in a user-friendly and intuitive way.Read more
IDS is pleased to present the latest member of the IBIS family of slope monitoring radar designed to improve safety within open pit mines.Read more
IDS is proud to announce the release on the market of its new advanced camera system, the brand new Eagle-Vision camera.Read more
At IDS we are proud to announce that our technology has aided KUC technical staff in the quest to increase mine safety and protect the lives of their employees.Read more
During the second half of October 2012, IDS, along with its Peruvian partner Quimica Suiza Industrial, installed two IBIS-M slope monitoring radar units at Toquepala, a mine located in Tacna Province, Tacna Department, Peru, owned and operated by Southern Peru Copper Corporation (SPCC).Read more
Via Enrica Calabresi 24
270 Gladstone Road, Dutton Park
14828 West 6th Avenue, Unit 12-B
United States of America
Woodlands Office Park
Building 18, 2nd Floor, 20 Woodlands Drive, 2148
Av. Raja Gabaglia, 959 - 9.º andar