Mine Master Testing New Face Master 1.7
- Company Details
- Products & Services
- White Papers
- Press Releases
- Regional Offices
- Contact Company
Mine Master Testing New Face Master 1.7Mine Master
Mine Master has launched the testing of a new Face Master 1.7L drilling rig, to tackle the challenge of more demanding working conditions in the underground mines of KGHM PolskaMiedz S.A.
The rig is equipped with several unique solutions, which significantly improve the ergonomics and efficiency of the operator's work and also allow an excellent quality of work to be carried out, despite changeable environmental conditions.
The rig features:
- A hydraulically operated, ergonomic, 'capsule' type operator cabin
- A front operator's window that complies with P8B, according to EN-356
- A cabin system and front frame that is certified for transmission of loads at kinematics 60kJ
- A cabin that is equipped with a with particle filter and air-conditioning, which works off the mine's power grid of 500V and in transit. It also has a hydrogen sulphide filter to protect the operator from gas leaks, which often occur in KGHM's headings
- The same proven design as the B40D boom and Montabert's HC109 drill, equipped with water swivel with higher resistance to the aggressive flushing
- A main pivot with double rotation joint (vertical with horizontal oscillation), for improved traction. This solution makes it possible to obtain good stability during maneuvering and to use the rig in narrow headings
Image: The Face Master 1.7l. Photo: courtesy of Mine Master Ltd.